How To Use As A Ruler
How to use MailSize as a ruler?
Simple: just use the same procedure as for measuring an envelope and ignore the irrelevant dimension.
A quick summary is shown below, but for a fuller description, go to How To Use App.
- Open the app and choose which token (coin/card/disc) you will be using
- Put the token on or close to the object you want to measure
- Tap either of the two Thickness bars
- Take a photo of the object and token (re-take if necessary)
- Expand the image of the token until it almost fills the screen and then tap 'Right Arrow'
- Adjust the box so that its sides just touch the edge of the token. When you're happy, tap 'Right Arrow'
- Expand the image of the object until the dimension to be measured is almost the full length of the screen. (Make the other, irrelevant dimension a random, smaller length)
- Tapping 'Tick' will take you to the 'Pricing' screen where the length of your object will be shown (both as 'Length' and as the longer dimension of 'My Letter')